Monday 26 March 2012

11 down, 1 to go


After my first month of being here, someone reassured my Mum saying “1 month down, only 11 to go until she is home!” Now I can say “11 down only 1 month to go”. Crazy!
Writing this brings such mixed emotions. I am so excited to see my family again and live near them. I can’t wait to travel around the UK and visit friends, drink lots of tea and chat with them, catching up on life with them. I can’t wait to see England again; the green Countryside and beautiful coastline.
However, I am sad to move on from this beautiful Country. So many people here who now have a place in my heart. A sadness of knowing I may never see them again. A worry about what life may hold for them, as they live in such uncertainty, looking for a good education or a stable job.
But underlying all these emotions is a deep sense of peace. I know that God has good things in store, for people here in Ecuador and for the next stage of my life in England.
I am not worried about where I will live or work or exactly what I will do.

I am excited to fully enjoy this last month here.

No comments:

Post a Comment