Monday 27 February 2012

More goodbyes and a "fun day"

Friday was my cousin’s daughters 18th Birthday. I can’t believe she is 18! It made me realise how fast time passes. It also made me realise how much I want to return to England and spend time with many children that I know and love. I want to enjoy that time whilst they are still children.
Friday evening was the monthly Latin Link meeting in Quito. It was a time to say goodbye to 3 people who have been here for 6 months. More goodbyes! Quito was SO cold! It is amazing how just traveling 3 hours from Santo Domingo, you can be in such a different climate!
Playing twister at the fun day.
Playing "castles". Each pair forms a house. The children are given instructions
as to how many people should be in the house. Here is a house
with 4 people. The kids loved it.
Saturday morning I helped at a fun day with some teachers who teach “values” in the school. It was a privilege to be part of it. The teachers teach the children important life values. Being the month of “El Amor y la Amistad” (Love and friendship) the children were told about what it means to be a real friend. Friendships and relationships are complicated and sometimes hard work. No-one is perfect. If you spend your time looking for the perfect friend you will end up friendless. Friendships can be such a great blessing and bring so much joy. I am very blessed with my friends. My book of encouragements is now overflowing. I have had to add extra pages in it. Words and cards of encouragements I have received go into my book. It reminds me how blessed I am.


A house with one person... a particularly tall American person. The kids loved him
Learning about true love and friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment