Friday 23 December 2011

Music

It is interesting how music can trigger certain memories. Listening to the Carpenters always reminds me of the lead up to Christmas. My mum will put on her CD and do her Christmas baking; make her mince pies, ice the giant Christmas cake (that seems to last until March) and steam her Christmas puddings. The music is so cheesy but brings back good memories. This year I won’t be there with her. December has been harder than I thought. I am not sad about missing Christmas Day in itself. I will have my new Ecuadorian family to celebrate with. I am looking forward to the new experiences, which is likely to include eating Christmas dinner at midnight on Christmas Eve.
Christmas 2010
For me, I miss time with my family and friends. Everyone has the time off work and there is plenty of time just to spend with people. I love that. For me, spending time with people is so important. This year, although I have new a family and new very supportive friends, it is not the same. It is not the same as spending time with my family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment