Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas 2: Pancakes

Although it wasn’t really very festive, in December Victoria and I made pancakes for the church youth. Well, I use the term “youth” very loosely. “Youth” can be from 15 upwards… u to any age if you are single. As you can imagine it makes for a very mixed group of people every Saturday evening! This particular week I volunteered to make the pancakes and introduce the Ecuadorians to lemon and sugar. After an afternoon of cooking, kindly assisted by Victoria eating all the pancakes that weren’t good enough to give away, we took them to church and they were successful. It was strange to be cooking/eating pancakes in December, rather than February but never mind! It was great to be able to serve the “youth” and great to feel a little bit more a part of that group.
The following day I also made loads more for my extended Ecuadorian family here. The grandson LOVED them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment