Friday 30 December 2011

Christmas 14: Christmas Day



The drama- Santa, Santa's helper, me (a posh
demanding mother and my teengae daughter)
I don’t remember the last time I got up this early on Christmas Day. The last time must have been when I was a child! Because Christmas Eve felt so Christmassy, Christmas Day didn’t really feel Christmassy- more like Boxing Day. I was up bright and early and heading to church for a 9am, 3 hour “special Christmas programme”. We had to perform our Christmas drama again. This time I was far more nervous than the LF performance. We were performing in front of people we knew, to far more people and those people could actually hear what we were saying. In LF I am not sure how much the children heard. It went ok…as well as an ad-libbed drama in your second language can go!

Back home for lunch- cows hoof soup followed by chicken and rice and a quiet afternoon with the family. It was nice to skype my family in England with my Ecuadorian family. In the evening I had some yummy English Christmas pudding with the Brits to complete Christmas Day.

It was a really lovely, very relaxing day. To be honest, I didn’t miss people so much on the actual Christmas Day. I knew I would be away from my friends and family and I was happy with my new family. In hindsight, I definitely found the lead up to Christmas hard. Everything was a reminder that I would be far from home and would catch me out at unexpected times.

No comments:

Post a Comment