Monday 21 November 2011

Upon reflection


21.11.11
Upon reflection, today has been a really good day. Despite it being Monday and the first proper day back at work after the holidays, it hasn’t been as bad as I had thought. I woke up to the sun shining in Santo- such a rare sighting but it was so nice to wake up to the sun. I put on my shorts, school t shirt and flip flops and began my day. That’s certainly not a usual start to my day in England, especially as it is the end of November! I love it. The children seemed to work really well hard today and I felt really proud of them. One boy who normally is quite stubborn in his attitude and work and not affectionate at all, had a really great day. I was asked to do some Christmas singing with the older class for the last part of the morning. I just smiled so much and said “yeh that’s fine” and all the time wondering what on earth I would do, not knowing any Christmas songs in Spanish. Still, the children were great. They loved listening to the same song over and over again, joining in with the chorus and then making Christmas decorations, helping each other out. The children in the Baptist church school loved the monkey tree game, which was donated to me from England, so I think they had a fun afternoon! So, the sun is setting and it will be dark by 6:30, as it always is and I can know that I have had a blessed and enjoyable day, working with the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment