Saturday 5 November 2011

Blessed

I was recently asked to share 4 things abut my week:

1. Something that has been good
2. Something that has been bad
3. Something that is an answer to prayer
4. Something to pray about.

I enjoyed thinking about these 4 things and wanted to share them.

1. The good thing is that my parents have arrived here safely. After a long journey over they arrived and had with them extra luggage FULL of many blessings. People donated clothes, toys, chocolate, presents etc for the children and adults that i work with. It was so kind and i was amazed and the generosity. It felt like Christmas to recieve things. Although most of it was not for me, it felt like it was for me as it blesses me to give it away. I also feel blessed because i recieved loads of encouragements. Most days i am here it is great to be working here. However, often some days are really hard work. I send out my newsletters and don't hear much back and it can feel like you are a bit forgotton. However, the amount of encouragements i have recieved through my parents passing on messages and kind words has been so over whelming. So thank you for your thoughts, prayers and kind words.

2. Something that has been bad was that i went with my parents to see a well known Volcano called cotapaxi. Everyone goes to visit it when they come over and you hope for a sunny day when you can take your photo infront of the beautiful volcano. It is picture perfect. However, we went on the cloudiest day possible so didn't not get that photo! (still we did make it up to 4810 metres!)

3. An answer to prayer is that we have been safe when travelling around.

4. A prayer request would be for energy when travelling, translating and organsing the rest of my parents stay here.

I am very blessed. It is easy to say that when i am having a good day. I hope that i will be able to say that even when i am having a bad day.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Amy,

    Really pleased that you are having a good time with your Mum and Dad. I hope you are able to make the most of your days with them and that you are impressing them with your language skills and as a tour guide. We miss them here, by the way. Many blessings for a safe and memorable time together.

    I love reading about the time you spend with the children. Remember that any time you spend with them is of value. You make a difference to their lives, no matter how small you may think the effect. Small drops of water become a torrent in time.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete