Thursday 6 October 2011

Swimming 3

Weds 6th Oct:
Today I really appreciated my swimming lesson. It was a strange evening as the mist had come down really low, hovering just above the water. I enjoyed the time to myself this evening. I could only hear my breathing and the sounds of the water. I just love being in the water. It was nice to switch off from the noise and busy-ness of today.  Although it has been a good day, I definitely needed the time out from people and to have a bit of my own personal space.
It was a typical afternoon in Laura Flores; working in the small, hot, dark concrete room, not knowing which children would turn up. As usual I have older children “helping” me and today there was a 2 year old joining in too. One girl in my group has made fantastic progress and I am so proud of her! She is now able to sit and maintain attention to a task whereas before she would just grab all the items in the activities. I still struggle working with another girl who just can’t wait her turn in the games/activities, and who constantly grabs/snatches/throws the toys. It is so hard to teach her to wait; to wait for her turn to have a go with the toys. In a way I can identify with her. I sometimes find it hard to wait. I have been thinking a lot of my friends and family this week and I have to wait to see them in April. This week, April has felt a long way off, however, at the same time I am so pleased to be here, privileged to be working with these children and I am excited to see how much more I will experience in my time here and what I will learn.
Hebrews 6 v 15
“And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.”

No comments:

Post a Comment