Thursday 6 October 2011

Swimming 2:

I really enjoy my swimming lessons. I don’t know why. Perhaps it is just some time-out time. I have to completely switch off and just concentrate on what stroke I am swimming and counting the lengths. I have been reminded of so many things when I’m at the pool. I like it when I get to swim in the farthest lane as it reminds me of something specific. This lane has a floodlight at the end of it. When you start off the water is fairly dark, because my lessons are in the evening. As you get further towards the other end it is really light. You don’t notice at the time that it is getting lighter, until you are in the brightest end and realise how dark the other end really was. It reminds me of a time that I went through when I felt like it was really dark - a time when it felt like I couldn’t see any light. Life seemed to be really difficult and it was quite a low time. I didn’t realise how dark it was until I came out the other side and seemed to live back in the light.
I thank God that he brought me out of that dark time.

No comments:

Post a Comment