Saturday 15 October 2011

LF

12.10.11
It gets me every time I see the children in LF. I just can’t imagine what life is like for them. I find the sessions that I work with them really frustrating as I feel I can’t do a very good job. I have children walking in and out the whole afternoon, older children “helping me” and I just find it hard work. I can help these children a little bit by practising their skills of listening and attention but I will never be able to help out of the life they live. They may go to school but due to limited options of school due to financial situations, these kids have to share a classroom with some 50-ish children. What are their options for their life?
I visit for 2-3 hours a week and know that I only make such a miniscule difference in these children’s lives but despite this, I don’t want to stop going. I need to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment