Saturday 15 October 2011

Christmas


I absolutely love my work here. I love working with the children. I love getting to know them, helping them and they always make me smile. I enjoy the variety of each day and supporting the teachers with some ideas when working with the children. I love that it is warm here and that I can wear a t shirt, even in the evening and wear flip flops, even in October. I love being able to swim most days, outside under the star-filled sky. I love that I can share a smile with people that I meet and pass. Despite all of this, it doesn’t mean that life is easy.  It is hard work but knowing that I have a reason for being here makes this year a whole lot easier.
I received a very exciting parcel in the post today –it felt like Christmas! The day was finished off with an English roast dinner, which also felt like Christmas! In school we are practising the Christmas play, in OCTOBER! It feels strange to be talking about Christmas when it is so warm here. I love Christmas, but I normaly feel more Christmasy in December, when it is cold! I wonder what Christmas will be like not with family in cold England?

No comments:

Post a Comment