Friday 9 September 2011

Weakness

So today I delivered my first training session to the teachers in the special school and teachers of the PEPE classes. I agreed to do it even with my awfully limited Spanish. I wrote it and talked them through it. The content was not difficult for me. It’s what I do all the time in England. However, the words, sentences, explanations and rephrasing things if people don’t get it, were really hard for me. However, I KNEW that God was with me. He has called me to this country, brought me to this challenge and I knew he was going to see me through it. The first thing I read when I woke up this morning was the verse on my wall; “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness” So, I can really boast of my confidence in God because I was certainly weak. This was a perfect demonstration of feeling weak. It is Friday, the end of a busy week and I am tired. I was explaining in a language that I do not speak or understand well and to people of a different culture to me. I was not confident in myself at all. However, I can boast in God’s strength for helping me.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. "2 Corinthians 12 v 9

No comments:

Post a Comment