Thursday 29 September 2011

Swimming

At the start of every swimming lesson we all have to do a quick warm up. Whilst stretching I noticed a couple of people looking at the tree. To me it was really strange so I went and took a look...
ANTS!
There were huge ants everywhere. It was fascinating. There was a trail of ants climbing up the trunk, to the leaves, taking a part that was double their body and then walking back down and across the path. They had set a trail that was just like a little road, an English road actually! They went to the tree on the left hand side, up the tree and came back down with their leaf, on the right hand side of their little trail.
I wonder who began their journey? Who chose the route?
It was amazing to see all the ants walking together, following each other. It was safe for them to do that. It wouldn’t make any sense to go their own way. I hope they are there next week so I can take a photo!
(Unfortunately I can’t take a photo of them because when I went back they have eaten ALL the leaves off the tree!)

No comments:

Post a Comment