Saturday 10 September 2011

Lonely

Friday afternoon:
I could write about how lonely I feel and how sad it is that as I write this I am sat on my own in a café. However, I am not lonely. I don’t feel that at all. In fact, quite the opposite. My table is full of cards and letters I have received in the post today. People sharing encouragements, thoughts and prayers. Today, on my walk into town, I didn’t feel alone. From the outside it certainly looked like it but actually I felt surrounded.  I have always known in my head that God, through his Holy Spirit, is with me wherever. And today I felt that. I really felt it was as if I walked into town with Jesus by my side, being able to talk to him throughout the journey as I would with my friend. Now I know that some of you will think this is crazy and that I have lost my marbles here in Ecuador, others may understand this a little and some of you may have had similar experiences. Today has been a day where I have learnt and experienced something new. God has taught me to rely on him and has clearly shown himself. I wonder if he has been trying to do this for a while and I have just been to busy to listen? Perhaps my life was too cluttered too full of things to do that I couldn’t see, hear or feel God very well amongst the “to do” lists. Maybe He has taken me thousands of miles from my home, friends and family to show himself?

No comments:

Post a Comment