Thursday 8 September 2011

An Ecuadorian day:

Monday:
A day NEVER turns out the way you plan it. Time keeping is different here and you ust have to go with the flow. Writing this, I am sat in the office of the Baptist church school. It is unlikely that any of the children will turn up for their therapy sessions today as the school has a week of “fiestas” to celebrate the church’s birthday. So, I have 3 hours to wait, just in case they do turn up. This did not bother or frustrate me at all! I can always fill my time with something. I like to potter. I have lots of ideas in my head to get down on paper. Things to do. Things to make. People to speak to. I hardly ever just stop and “be”. I have been learning the importance of this. Just being. Being with people. Being with God. So on this hot and surprisingly sunny Santo Domingo afternoon, whilst I try and keep cool, I will put away my “to do” list and just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment