Friday 1 July 2011

"Thinking of me"

Before I left England, this was the title of a popular song. It was always on the local radio station, in-between the traffic updates, as drove to work. I think about my friends and family so much of the time. I am encouraged and reassured to know that people think of me too. Thanks!
I have an awesome friend who thinks of me every time she brushes her teeth. Now fortunately for me, she is a very hygienic person who brushes her teeth often. (There is a reason she thinks of me at that time!) I think of people really fondly and my heart is so full of people I love.
I wonder if this is a little bit of how God feels. He thinks of us fondly, actually more than that. He loves us. He loves us as his children. The bible says he has “lavished” his love on us. (1 John 3 v 1) Not just given us a little love, but lavished; plentiful, abundantly, generously.  He just loves it when we think of him, talk to him and give him our troubles, worries and our lives.

“The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing” Zephaniah 3 v 16

No comments:

Post a Comment