Tuesday 14 June 2011

Broken hearted

You have broken my heart.
I can not stop thinking about you.
I love you even though I have met you only once.
I looked at you through tear filled eyes.
Others may have given up on you, not realising your potential but I see something in you.
You made me cry but you have helped me to realise what is important in life.
You have been someone who has begun to change something in my life.
You sparked something in me; a desire to change lives, beginning with you.
We have not spoken to each other. You did not even hold my hand.
You have not looked at me or even acknowledged me, but I still love you.

Poem inspired by a 4 year old boy with severe Autism who lives in an Ecuadorian shanty town. 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful poem Daffers x x x

    ReplyDelete