Thursday 5 May 2011

Words

I love this song. It was sung at my baptism in 2004. I love the challenge of the lyrics; to surrender all, but in all honesty, sometimes I am not so sure that I am “glad” to do this. Surely it is easier to go your own way, staying in your comfort zone? But surely not nearly so exciting! God is a “Rock” and I am sure he blesses us for desiring to follow him?

“May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart
Bless Your name, bless Your name, Jesus
And the deeds of the day and the truth in my ways
Speak of You, speak of You, Jesus

For this is what I'm glad to do
It's time to live a life of love that pleases You
And I will give my all to You
Surrender everything I have and follow You
I'll follow You

Lord, will You be my vision, Lord, will You be my guide
Be my hope, be my light and the way
And I'll look not for riches, nor praises on earth
Only You'll be the first of my heart”

“May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my RedeemerPsalm 19 v 14

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy, your thoughts and comments are only natural. I remember only too well when I reached Paris in the sixties and felt completely overwhelmed by my apparant inability to have a conversation with others. Thoughts run wild. In no time at all you will suddenly be able to converse and think and be completely spontaneous. God has placed this location in your heart, give yourself time to settle in. Love Daphne x x x

    ReplyDelete