Thursday 5 May 2011

Sunglasses

I love the sun and it makes me feel really happy. I love wearing my sunglasses. Sometimes I wear them purely to keep the sun out of my eyes and to stop me squinting. I am sure I will end up with loads of wrinkles around my eyes and “crows feet” like my Dad, without my sunglasses.

I also love that my sunglasses are big and cover a lot of my face. When I wear them I feel like they protect me, as if they are my armour. It feels like no-one can see me when I wear them. I often wear them and switch off from the World. I can do my thinking. I can be alone. No-one can see me if I cry. I often wear them when I don’t feel confident.

Sometimes I just wear them on my head as a reminder that I have my armour.

I have lots of opportunities for wearing my sun glasses here, not only because I am on the Equator and the sun shines a lot, but also because I don’t feel confident here and I have a lot of things to think about!

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; for the Lord your God will go with you wherever you go” Joshua 1 v 9

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I bought a rather large pair of sunglasses when I was in Australia recently...so I know that feeling. Wore them today, felt completely hidden away. God bless x x

    ReplyDelete