Monday 30 May 2011

Blessings

I have a book that is full of kind messages and cards with words of encouragements and blessings that I have been given. I put it together before I came to Ecuador, to serve as a reminder of what people have said to me and I could read it if I needed some encouragement. On the front is a silly photo of my 3 year old God daughter with a big piece of pink plasticine on her nose. I can’t fail to look at it and smile.
I have the great privilege and responsibility of having 2 God daughters (plus one other, un-officially) and these 3 girls hold a VERY special place in my heart. I haven’t needed to read through my book until this weekend. It has been a great help to be reminded of what people have said.
This weekend is my mum and brothers birthday and as a family, we always have a family BBQ. This year I won’t be a part of that. I would love to be there and join in however, I know that it is right to be in Ecuador. I am blessed to have a very loving family. I have the security of love from my mum. Even more than that, I have been blessed with not only one mum, but several surrogate mums too. You lovely ladies know who you are. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Amy, you are blessed with such a wonderful family. Your mum is such a good friend to me more than I can put into words. I'm sitting here and I have a photo of my dear Mum before me, and I remember so well, how your Mum drove me over to Burgess Hill to be with her the day she died. So gentle and kind, like you...Love n hugs Daffers x x x

    ReplyDelete