Thursday 21 April 2011

Blogging

I've decided to start blogging to share some of what I have been learning in my preparations for going to Ecuador. I don't want to blog in a selfish way; to write just about myself all the time. (If i do this, please let me know!) I want to share what God has been doing, how i have experienced his blessings and seen him at work. I hope to encourage and challenge you as you read this, maybe challenge your way of thinking or open your eyes to a different culture.
Many people have asked me how I am feeling about going, in just under a week. I am looking forward to it, of course i am nervous too but I actually have a real sense of peace. I guess my most noticeable emotion is a feeling of saddness. Saddness about leaving a lot of my good friends and family. I said good bye to one of my closest friends today. It really dawned on me that i won't see her for a year. I hope she remembers me whilst she drives my car! I really don't like saying goodbye. I try and keep my emotions hidden, I guess to protect myself from being hurt. If I don't cry or get upset when i say goodbye to you, it is not that I won't miss you, it's just that I may not show my emotion at the time.

Psalm 121
I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains?
No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.


He won't let you stumble, your Guardian God won't fall asleep.
Not on your life! Israel's guardian will never doze or sleep.


God's your Guardian, right at your side to protect you,
Shielding you from sunstroke, sheltering you from moonstroke.


God guards you from every evil, he guards your very life.
He guards you when you leave and when you return,
he guards you now, he guards you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment